View Single Post
Old 11-26-2008, 01:32 PM   #56
caterinafmig
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

This afternoon's update - Surgery scheduled

WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 26, 2008 01:56 PM, CST

Afternoon,

Sicily will have her second surgery next Wednesday, which is Dec. 3rd, I believe. It may be a little more delicate of a surgery since they are going back in so soon. They are concerned about scar tissue. It could go smoothly, it could be difficult.

We are still waiting to see the GI doctor...always a waiting game. We may be stuck here until her surgery next week...we hope not but we'll do what needs to be done. If that's the case, we'll be inpatient for three weeks. Other's have done longer!

Sicily's Uncle Larry and Aunt Jane came this morning for a very much needed visit. Sicily and Patrick were in need of some company before I could get there. Also, another Wilm's parent and child visited. Aunt Jane played cards and hide and go seek (under the covers) and even painted Sicily's fingernails and toenails a beautiful hot pink. Sicily's disposition seems happier when other family members are around than when it's just daddy and mommy with her. She gets easily upset with us, which is not something out of the unusual.

Another Wilm's parent described hearing the news of unfavorable histology is like hearing the word cancer all over again...the reaction is the same overwhelming emotions. Right after I heard the news, Sicily's cousin, Jamey and her daughter Kaitlyn, came for a visit at just the right time. I did not need to be alone then. God is always watching out for us!

I'll journal again after we get to talk to another doctor, that is IF we get to. The day before Thanksgiving isn't the best timing!

Kerry
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!