View Single Post
Old 11-25-2008, 12:47 PM   #53
caterinafmig
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Another update from mommy.

TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 25, 2008 02:53 PM, CST

Afternoon,

It's Kerry...I arrived at the hospital around 12:40 and met Patrick and Sicily in the Fluor department of radiology. Sicily had to have a fluoroscopy...an imagining technique used to obtain real-time moving images of her stomach. They injected her with a contrast (a sort of die) in her port.

Sicily's stomach seems to have shut down and is not wanting to work. They are currently checking for blockage to rule that out. She still has her NG tube and can't have it removed unless they can get her stomach to move. I'm just an old mom, but it seems to me that she needs food and liquids to get it going again, but she can't have that because of the NG tube. I feel like we are tied up in a Catch 22...we can't do this because of that, and we can't do that because of this. I'm really frustrated!

She just asked me if I'm going to spend the night with her, and I said it would be either me or daddy (I'm starting to get sick) and then she asked me where I'm going to sleep. I said I sleep at Aunt Cathy and Uncle John's house, "What about me...where will I sleep?" I had to tell her here at the hospital until we can get her better. She said, "I don't want to be here anymore!"

We haven't told her that she's most likely going to have another surgery soon...I don't want to bring her down. Besides, we're not positive it's going to happen, even though it's what we want. And if it does happen, no idea when. The good news is that if she does have another surgery, they think they will go into her right side instead of through her current incision as to not upset her bowel and intestine. It's so screwed up already I don't think it can take another blow!

I'm sitting here waiting to hear back about what they think her stomach is up to. Meanwhile, she threw up the contrast. Again, very frustrating!!! I'll post as soon as I learn something of interest!

Kerry
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!