View Single Post
Old 11-24-2008, 09:14 AM   #50
caterinafmig
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

This morning's update - please pray.

MONDAY, NOVEMBER 24, 2008 09:53 AM, CST

Morning,

Busy this morning as it's Monday and there is a lot of checking up to do from the weekend.

Dr. Puffinbarger came in to check on Sicily and did a glycerin supp. to help her along with her bowels. Didn't take long as we've already been to the bathroom twice. While Dr. Puff was here, Dr. Meyer, Sicily's oncologist, called her and she stepped out into the hall to speak with him, but was still in earshot. Nothing really was said that she hadn't talked to us about. She said he will be up sometime to talk to me and was going to try to sit down with the pathologist to go over the initial report.

She again brought up the possibility of going back and completely removing Sicily's right kidney if it looks like chemo might not work. That is still such a scary thought that I don't even want to think about it! But it might be necessary. I'm hoping we could speak with a pediatric nephrologist to help us understand it all. I'm going to wait patiently to talk with Dr. Meyer even though my nerves are already on edge!

Meanwhile, I have a feeling Sicily and I will be taking several walks today as we just returned from one. There is a lot of construction going on around here and we stood and looked out a hallway window at a gigantic crane moving around. She enjoyed watching it. We may just have to get a couple of chairs and park ourselves there for awhile, if she feels up to it. I'll jump back on here after I talk with Dr. Meyer.

Kerry
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!