View Single Post
Unread 11-24-2008, 02:13 AM   #1
Lynn in St. Louis
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Send a message via AIM to Lynn in St. Louis
Default TLC196 Pop Up Gift Card (11/24/08)

We all love to get gift cards during the holidays. It's the perfect gift because we get to use them to buy exactly what we want...no returns, no refunds, just plain fun. The technique today will give you a stunning way to present those gift cards (because the ones that the stores provide is, let's face it, just plain dull...and we crafters are anything BUT dull.

I first saw this technique demonstrated on the Hero Art's Club Blog website but since then, I've been seeing these crafty Pop Up Gift Cards literally popping up all over the place. So get your patterned paper and those gift cards and let's get started.

What you'll need:
4 X 12 Piece of patterned paper (or you can make your own by stamping a piece of 4 X 12 piece of cardstock)
4-1/4 X 4-1/4 Square piece of coordinating cardstock (used as mat for mounting the interior of gift card)
Stamps
Ink
Bone Folder
Craft Knife
Adhesive
  • Take your 4 X 12 piece and score it 4" from one end (horizontal orientation) - flip to the other end and score 4" from that end. This will give you a piece divided into 3- 4" squares
  • Burnish all score lines with your bone folder
  • Take the middle square and fold it in half, creating the Pop Up portion of this card in a "hill" -^-
  • Using your gift card as a guide, cut a slit in the center of middle of your folded piece large enough for your gift card to slide into
  • Adhere the back side of your pop up portion to your 4-1/4" square piece of cardstock
  • Embellish as desired
  • Insert gift card (the important part) *wink*
I hope that you will try one of these EASY, yet adorable, Pop Up Gift Cards. Not only will the recipient be happy to see the gift card pop up as they open it, but they will be impressed by the creative way you have presented it to them.

To view the video tutorial for this project, CLICK HERE

To see my samples, CLICK HERE - HERE - or HERE

To view all of the awesome creations using this technique, CLICK HERE

I want to take a moment and wish all of my US sisters a very Happy Thanksgiving (this coming Thursday)

I hope you will take a moment and count the many blessings given to you, and may you be lucky enough to spend it with family and friends.

HINT FOR NEXT WEEK: Get your glossy cardstock and we'll do some "simple" clean up with a fun background technique. (confused??? lol)

My Gallery
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!