Another couple of posts from yesterday.
FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 21, 2008 02:58 PM, CST
Hello again (#3),
We've had an interesting afternoon. Sicily woke up from a little nap shaking and kicking and crying out. She kicked so much that her catheter came unplugged (not out) and soaked her bed. She cried for mommy and I was right by her looking her directly in the eyes and she looked like she was looking right through me. She pointed to Uncle Kevin standing against the wall and Aunt Cathy asked if she wanted him and she nodded yes, so he came to her bed side and tried to comfort her. We had two nurses trying to figure out what was going on. It was a bit of a scary moment.
The pain management team came in as well as the surgery resident. They decided to go ahead and remove her epidural and administer her pain medication of morphine via her IV. She is supposed to get her catheter out soon, but they haven't removed it yet. With her epidural removed, we should be able to have her walk around a little later.
Cathy and Kevin were able to get Sicily to blow some bubbles for a little respiratory therapy. She didn't know why we were doing it, but she seemed to enjoy it. Now we're just waiting for some "sounds" to come out of her body. She can't have her g-tube (the watchamacallit) removed until she releases some of the gases trapped in her little body. Crude thought, but it's an absolute necessity. We've told her we'll celebrate when she does.
The hospital Chaplain came in a bit ago and prayed over Sicily. We're still patiently waiting to see if we can get moved to a bigger room. I'll post if there are any other changes or events. Have a great evening!
FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 21, 2008 04:16 PM, CST
Here I am, again...
Dr. Puffinbarger came in and sat down to talk to us. As she walked in the door she said she had kind of good news on the patholoy. The left kidney, the one with the nephrogenic rests, pathology came back completely clear...nothing left. The right kidney, on the other hand, still has live cells.
She will need radiation and we're not sure if her chemo protocol will remain the same or change to something different. Over all, the news was okay... could have been worse, could have been better. We'll take it and do whatever we need to do!
Keep the gum handy and the prayers rising! We'll still need them!