View Single Post
Old 11-20-2008, 07:09 AM   #40
caterinafmig
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Sicily is doing well - thank you so much for your prayers.

THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 20, 2008 09:15 AM, CST

Good morning! This is Sicily's Aunt Bett again. I'm not the journalist Kerry is as you can tell, but I'm going to do my best to give an update that Kerry just gave. She said Sicily is doing really, really good. She's resting well, nodding her head when asked questions. She's doing so well in fact, that the nurse came into her room this morning with transfer orders, to move her to a regular room ALREADY! What an amazing little girl! We all knew she was tough, and she is proving it!

Kerry overheard nurses talking in the hallway this morning and one said that Sicily is the most compliant patient ever!! Kerry had to laugh because she is when getting medical tests, etc. but at home she's the "drill sergeant"! Her stats are all good and she's urinating fine. The pain management team is keeping her comfortable. Kerry was going to change the channel on the TV but Sicily gave her a look, as to not change it, so she was listening to the cartoons, just not watching! Kerry requested that the pathology report be seen by a doctor in Chicago so it may later than Friday before they get results, but she's fine with that, knowing the cancer is OUT of Sicily's body.

Kerry wanted everyone to know that eventually she'll get to a computer, but bear with me in the time being! She said Sicily is a trooper! Patrick got to play basketball this morning with his brother-in-law, he said even though it had been months since he'd played it felt good to get some exercise, though he's tired now!

On a personal note...Sicily's Grandma Zeka and I have enjoyed every minute of our time staying with Corinthian, Isabella, and Elias...and Stowie, their cat. We celebrated Corinthian's birthday Tuesday night with McDonald's (his fave is a Big Mac) and then had a cake, with candles. They are doing really well. They are the best kids; I feel fortunate to be able to stay with them. We'll go to OKC Saturday morning to see Sicily...we're very excited! Have a good day, and thanks to all of you for all the thoughts, prayers, gum chewing, and messages. Thank you from all of our family, and bless you.

Aunt Bett
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!