View Single Post
Old 11-19-2008, 10:27 AM   #37
caterinafmig
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

LATEST UPDATES

FIRST POST
WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 19, 2008 12:43 PM, CST

Kerry just called...here's the latest. I'll try to remember all she said, and decipher my shorthand! The surgeon said the surgery should last only 2 - 2 1/2 hours now! She feels really good about the placement of the tumors, as they are in the best possible place they could be. She feels they'll have to take 1/2 of the larger tumor, and 1/3 of the smaller one. The surgeon is not sure about the spots on the left kidney, they will know more when they look.

Samples of lymphnodes will also be taken. The scar will be a vertical one, and will be large. They will be able to see lots of things since it will be a large opening, hopefully nothing more.

Kerry was with Sicily when they put the anesthesia in her port, and she was asleep in three seconds! Many aunt and uncles got to see her before she went into surgery, which Kerry said was a blessing. More later...

Aunt Bett

SECOND POST
WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 19, 2008 01:17 PM, CST

Okay....my brother from Joplin just called...he was concerned that only part of the TUMORS were going to be removed....I meant to say only 1/2 and 1/3 of each kidney would be removed. ALL of the tumors will be removed. Sorry to scare anyone.

Patrick and Kerry were very pleased and comforted by the surgeon's comments and explanations of the surgery. We hope things are going well right now!

Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!