View Single Post
Old 11-19-2008, 05:34 AM   #34
caterinafmig
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

uPDATE

WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 19, 2008 06:55 AM, CST

Well...here we go! We are fully armed with our gum chewing prayers and ready for battle. That cancer will never know what hit it!

Yesterday, I had a little talk with Sicily and tried to explain, as plainly and "un-scary" as possible what will be happening today. Her naiveness and complete innocence once again is on her side. I told her the doctors would help her go to sleep with some special medicine. Once she's asleep, they will open up her tummy...I pretended to unzip her tummy like it was a coat. Then, they are going to take out that bad cancer and throw it in the trash can...and I pretended to wad up a ball and toss it like I was aiming for a trash can basketball. She thought that to be pretty humorous! I continued to tell her that when she woke up, she shouldn't hurt, but if she does start to hurt, tell mommy and daddy and the nurses and we'll try to make the pain go away. I hope it is that easy! Her initial reaction to my play by play was, "Okay!" Again, I hope it goes down that easy!

She's been so happy and full of energy lately! I don't think she could go into this any stronger. Mommy on the other hand...I woke up at 4:00 with a stomach ache and never went back to sleep. My mind, heart and soul feel strong, but my body just didn't get that memo, I guess, that we were not going to stress too much or worry because I put this in God's hands! And that is where is shall stay! We don't have to check in until around 8:30, so that was a nice surprise! Again, my body just doesn't seem to get the message that it could have and should have slept in a little more! But that's were a can of pop comes in (or two, or three)! In hind site, I wish we still had to be at the hospital at 6:00...then at least I'd feel like the ball was rolling. But, then again, if we have to sit and wait around, probably better to stay where we are comfortable.

I will try to update as much as I can today. I'm going to try to have my sister's laptop with us in the waiting room, but if for some reason it does not work, I will call Patrick's sister, Bett, and dictate a message for her to post for us. Sicily's soldiers are standing at attention and the battle cry is about to sound...

Love you all!
Kerry
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!