View Single Post
Old 11-13-2008, 04:24 PM   #550
countryhearts
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwood17 View Post
Oh ladies, I am posting an urgent prayer request. My step-nephew who is only 1.5 weeks old has just been diagnosed with Hydrocephalus, he will need surgery in the morning to drain fluid through a shunt. If you could please pray for him and pray everything goes well, before the surgery this used to be fatal and can cause all kinds of problems. I am sure his mother is worried sick and they were taken to a hospital in Westchester, NY for the procedure this just all happened over the last hour. Asking for many prayers.

Thank you,
Michele

Michele,

I will be praying for him and the family. My dd had hydrocephalus when she was 18 months. She has brittle bones and the surgery was considered extremely risky for her. No one knew what to expect - whether her skull would shatter or what. The Lord brought her through it just fine and she's had that same shunt for 15 years this Thanksgiving without any problems. She also has severe respiratory problems so anesthesia for her carries other risks but absolutely no problem. Please keep us posted.

Julie
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!