View Single Post
Old 11-13-2008, 01:59 PM   #28
caterinafmig
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Second post today from Sicily's mom.

THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 13, 2008 04:17 PM, CST

Good afternoon,

Second posting for today...that short lived feeling of desparation I had this morning has vanished and has been replaced with more hope and confidence than ever.

As I sat in the dental chair for three and a half hours this morning, I had plenty of time to think and pray. It was a little grueling and uncomfortable, but I kept thinking about Sicily the whole time and thoughts of her gave me immense strength and peace. She has no idea the affect she's had on her mommy and daddy, as well as hundreds of other people. By thinking of her I felt like I could handle any pain or discomfort...it pails in comparison to what she will be going through!

The tumor board in OKC decided that she is definitely ready for surgery, and the sooner the better. It will be next week, but still do not have a day as of yet. Considering it will be a six to eight hour surgery, if all goes well, then they've got to schedule an OR for the whole day. The female doctor who implanted her port, Dr. Puffinbarger, or a Dr. Manter will be the surgeons...we feel confident in their skills as our brother-in-law does.

The initial plan is to remove half of each kidney, which "should" allow Sicily to maintain as close to normal renal function as possible. We were also informed that the right tumor, the larger one, does appear to be "mis-shaped" due to bleeding. If this is truly the case, it is a good thing! Of course nothing will be exactly known until the actual surgery.

I want to ask for specific prayers on surgery day, one being that the tumors stay encapsulated so that Sicily may not have to under go radiation. If it is thought that she may need radiation, I'm hoping to find out if the surgeons can temporarily tack her ovaries out of the way so that Sicily may have the chance to bear a child of her own someday. I read about that possibilty as it was done for another little girl. It doesn't hurt to ask. But I would pray that she doesn't have to have radiation in the first place! One less stress!

I'm really feeling good right now, as is Patrick. We may finally get the monsters out of our little darling! Thank you God!!! I'll post tomorrow as soon as I hear a day and time! We love you all!!!

Kerry
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!