View Single Post
Old 11-11-2008, 06:23 AM   #22
caterinafmig
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Sicily's mom's latest post - please pray for this sweet angel face as she goes to OKC today and that her cancer will be totally gone.

TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 11, 2008 08:25 AM, CST

Good Morning everyone,

Today we head to OKC to have Sicily's CT scan to check on those nasty little tumors to see if they have continued to shrink. We have to be at Children's Hospital by noon so Sicily can drink her contrast...she has to drink so many ounces of this red liquid every fifteen minutes for an hour. She will then have her labs drawn at 1:00 and her scan is at 2:00. I already have knots in my stomach this morning, even though I doubt we'll hear anything unless our brother-in-law, John, gets some news for us.

She ate part of a choc chip pancake for breakfast and can't have anything else to eat or drink until after the scan. At least being able to drink the contrast at noon will at least hopefully quench her thirst. She doesn't seem to mind it. She's doing good this morning, driving her mini coupe around the house. She always loves it in the morning when daddy is home.

The other three kids have a pretty busy day today. Corinthian has to teach part of his Language Arts class as part of an assignment...I think he was both nervous and excited. He always liked to play teacher at home so maybe this will give him an idea if it's something he might be interested in doing when he's older. He still says he wants to be an architect. Isabella is going on a field trip with her fifth grade class to down town Tulsa for a two hour Veteran's parade. I'd love to go to that! She's been excited about it!

Elias gets to go bowling with his first grade class to the local bowling alley. He and Isabella have been bowling in a league and I think he was excited to show his friends that he already knows how to bowl pretty good! Elias is also progessing in his tae-kwon-do class...I love to watch him do his moves. There is actaully a look of concentration on his face when he shows us stuff...not something we normally see. He's a smart little fella but usually is of the "I can't remember" or "I forgot" mentality! ; ) Got to love his character! It saddens me that I can't go and be with or watch the other kids in their activities today, but I truly believe they understand the situation.

Life has been as normal as can be for them lately. I'm glad for that! I hope we can continue to make that happen for them after Sicily has her surgery.
The time of her surgery will be stressful and chaotic I'm sure, but we'll work hard, along with other family members, to make it as smooth as we can!

For today, let's send up a super prayer that Sicily's cancer is dying and that we'll be on our way to surgery so we can get this little spark plug healed! I pray that her numbers will increase so her little body will be able to handle surgery, if she's ready!

Everyone have a great Veteran's Day and remember all those who are fighting and have fought for the sake of our country!

Kerry

Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!