View Single Post
Old 11-07-2008, 07:53 AM   #521
caterinafmig
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryhearts View Post
Thank you for sharing the Brave Little Soul. I just stumbled across this thread today. I noticed, Caterina, that you live in Md. Two years ago, my dd was having spinal surgery at Johns Hopkins and we met a family in the ICU. Our daugthers beds were across from one another. Their daughter, Christina, lost her battle with cancer. Could this be the same child you have referred to. I know that they have use caringbridge. Just thought I would ask. Again, thank you for this.

The poem is beautiful and we have seen that very thing occur with our youngest dd, now 16. She has osteogenesis imperfecta, a rare bone disorder causing bones to fracture for no reason. She has a lot of the other associated problems due to her severity. The spinal surgery 2 years ago was for scoliosis. We have seen people we don't know come together in prayer for our daugther and with help when we needed it and when we didn't yet know what we needed. God is so good. Again, thank you!
Welcome, so glad you found us and that the poem was a blessing. Hopefully, you will continue to be blessed each day here with something encouraging.

Am involved with a new ministry through www.colesfoundation.com that is reaching out to children with cancer. As a member, we signed on to the children's various sites, leave encouraging messages, send cards and pray for them. It means so very much to these sweet precious kids and their families.

So very sorry to hear about you dd but as you said God is so good and never allows anything to happen without a much higher purpose in mind.

Feel free to post here any messages of encouragement or anything else that you may find uplifting.

Again welcome!!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!