View Single Post
Old 11-04-2008, 06:23 AM   #1
The MFT Lady
Splitcoast Member Company

Default The MFT Insider....

Hi all! I've gotten many questions from those popping in release parties and wanting to know what the heck we're saying! So, I thought I'd create a special place to fill you in on the back stories so you could pop right in and join us in all our silliness!

I am going to stick this thread and leave it open since some of you have your own funny MFT stories that I won't remember. So fill us in!

First up...My friend Jamie.... She's the reason I'm into my eyeballs in this mess! She is my dear friend who hosted an SU party, and of course I was obligated to buy one stamp set, and one ink pad. Then I had a new hobby. Then she drug me to a Stampfest show in Orlando. I was up at 5:30am raring to go, which if you know me, you will know how pivotal this is. I am NOT known for being up at the crack of dawn. So Jamie says to me the Friday night before the show opened, "I wonder what it's like to be on the inside of that room. Setting up for all the people who are gonna rush the doors in the morning, seeing what all the other vendors have before anyone else." and I said "Let's find out!". Seriously, that's how MFT was born! The original idea was to have an online store where I carried all of my favorite things! Products I had grown to love, the best of the best IMO. I then branched out thinking I needed a proprietary product, and selected stamps, and found Christy Beckwith in no small part thanks to Alma (TCP Lady).

As those of you who've met Jamie will attest, she is an absolute HOOT! Sheer comedic genius, she has traveled all over with me, keeping us all in stitches! Jamie is the mastermind behind the BLBLBLBLBLBLBLBL you've seen us type. Here's how...at the summer CHA show in Chicago, we were traveling in a group of like 16, and had split up into smaller groups so we could see everything and were joking about how we'd find each other in the huge convention center. Jamie mentioned she'd seen a gathering of stampers at a local convention who'd developed this "call", (stick your tongue in and out of your mouth while humming) and that she thought it was hysterical, but effective. Hence, our homing call was born. I am quite aware of the stares we received that day, but we had so much fun, it was worth it! Now you can type BLBLBLBLBL with confidence as your MFT shout out!

OK girls....who's next? I'll be back later with more memories!

Joanne...you could fill us in on "Please shut your legs and turn around..."
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!