View Single Post
Old 10-23-2008, 03:45 PM   #15
caterinafmig
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile Update 10/23/08

THURSDAY, OCTOBER 23, 2008 05:02 PM, CDT

Hello Everyone,

We are still doing really good. Sicily practically wore out her aunt Christy with hide and go seek and many other activities. It was a very special bonding time for them, and me, too. Christy helped me prepare some meals and it's nice to know that there will be things available on nights I'm not up for cooking or if we have family here in the future to help with the kids during times of need!

I still get completely moved to tears when I read journal entries like "Ms. Rykers!" ; ) And my sister-in-law, Lisa, my brother's awesome wife, just called me this afternoon to talk to me about what she will be doing with her preschool class that she teaches. They have declared Friday, November 14th "Sicily Zeka Day" and will be talking about her and sharing her story and strength with other little children. I think it is so amazing the way other children are seeing and participating in Sicily's journey...it is beyond heartwarming. Words cannot express how it feels. I just hope somehow, someday Sicily will get to meet all of you wonderful people, or even just speak to you on the phone. You can't imagine how much all the kind gestures, thoughts, actions and prayers have done for our entire family!

Again, it can almost leave me speechless...I did say "almost!" But it definitely leaves my eyes worse for the wear, too! It's all tears of gratitude and thankfulness!

It was such a blessing to have my sister here these past few days, especially today as I had to keep Elias home from school with a fever and a sore throat...I'm trying very hard to keep him and Sicily separated! Last week was also so awesome to have my mom here. I look forward to my sister-in-law, Pat, the week after next.

It can get hard just being home day in and day out sometimes. It used to be so easy to just jump in the mini van, head to Wal-Mart and walk the isles for some adult interaction. Now it's Sicily or the cat, Stowie, who have to listen to me talk to myself! We're getting along fine!

Well, it's time to run the older two kids to piano lessons so I'd better get them all together. Patrick isn't home from work yet, so we'll all go for a little ride. Everyone have a blessed evening!

Love,
Kerry
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!