View Single Post
Old 10-21-2008, 06:16 PM   #11
caterinafmig
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Just wanted to pass on to you the latest update on Sicily from her Caringbridge site - thank you for your all your prayers for this sweet angel face and please keep on praying.

TUESDAY, OCTOBER 21, 2008 08:15 PM, CDT

Hello Everyone,

Sorry I'm so late journaling. My sister Christy is here and we've been busy doing homework with kids and quickly celebrating Patrick's 42nd birthday this evening. It's just another day to him, but the rest of us sure think it's important! Sicily is doing good and sure loves having the extra attention from her aunt! She will have her next chemo treatment tomorrow morning at 9:30, again. Hopefully the rain will hold off long enough for us to get to play outside on the playground equipment. We have a strong chance for rain. I'm ready for a little and definitely ready for some cooler temps. Here it is, Oct. 21st at 8:15 and it's still 71 degrees out. I want some fall weather. I'm afraid we'll go straight from this to the forty degree weather! Oh well, if that's the least of my complaints these days. I have a request to pray for another family...this time a father is battling for his life with kidney cancer. His name is Dave Janisch and his wife is Polly. He has been given about two weeks. I've been reading his carepage (JanischGr) and have been so moved by his and his wife's faith. It's people like them who I want to emulate my strength and courage! It's amazing how words and prayers can be shared across the miles due to these wonderful blogs. I stumbled on this one while checking a chain of other ones. I think it's so important to offer up prayers for those who we don't know and most likely will never meet, at least on earth. We will meet some day in our eternal paradise! Until then, we all need each other in many ways and can help each other with out even knowing it. God Bless you all...and get your gum ready for tomorrow. Aunt Christy gets to be with Sicily during her chemo treatment tomorrow. I hope she does okay (aunt Christy)...she doesn't do too well with needles. I think I'll have her hold Sicily but not watch her as her port is accessed! Sicily's aleady told her that it doesn't hurt! Our brave little soldier. I'll post sometime tomorrow to report her numbers...pray that they remain normal. Love to you all!

Kerry
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!