View Single Post
Old 10-20-2008, 09:20 AM   #10
caterinafmig
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Thank you so much for your prayers - here is the latest update.

MONDAY, OCTOBER 20, 2008 10:09 AM, CDT

Good Monday Morning...

We are all doing good. We had a wonderful weekend...had a lot of good family time. We even decorated Halloween/fall sugar cookies last night. Sicily's are the ones with the black icing over flowing the sides. Whoever the lucky person is that gets to eat those better have a mirror handy to check their teeth and tongue. She had fun making a mess! She's really doing good right now and I can only attribute it to all the prayers that are being answered. This weekend Sicily was able to play outside quite a bit and that really makes her happy. I have noticed a couple of bruises on her so I'm ready to be cautious with her activity...the best that I can for such an energetic little person. I'm glad the temps are going to start dropping here soon so the temptation to be outside all the time won't be too overwhelming for her. It's hard to believe Halloween is just around the corner! Time sure can fly. Patrick and I have almost wished this second round or chemo would go a little faster. The first six weeks it was easy to kind of sit back and take one day at a time. We're starting to get a little ansy. I continue to pray that the chemo is still working as I am learning how stubborn and tricky cancer can be. On Saturday, we lost another little warrior to Wilm's. Little Gabriel Jacobson (he has a carepage website) returned to his Heavenly maker way too early...he was only four years old. What is so frightening, he had clear scans in July. His mom took him to the hospital because he began to complain of leg pain. After his CT, the doctors basically told his family to take him home and make him comfortable because there was nothing they could do for him...the cancer had come back in a vengence and had spread through out his little body. Please keep his family in your prayers. It is truly heartbreaking! I'm doing okay, but it always brings the fears back to the forefront of my mind when I hear of another tragic story. We need to find a cure! Anyway, we just finished our fall break so it was a little more difficult than usual for me to drag myself out of bed this morning (I'm not much of a morning person anyway!). The kids all seemed to bounce back fine. I'm ready for daylight savings...love that extra hour, even if it is only for one night! Please have a great Monday, considering it is Monday! Smile and make someone's day today!

Love,

Kerry
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!