View Single Post
Old 10-11-2005, 10:49 AM   #1
jthoman
Glitter Guru

Send a message via AIM to jthoman
Default When do you have a baby shower...

My husbands cousin is expecting his first child with his wife. I am bitter for three reasons.
1. Cousin is my ex-boyfriend (who I can tolerate to his face but really can't stand anymore)
2. Cousin's mother is a miserable ****** who has never worked, doesn't shower and doesn't clean her house, but is neighbor to our business (we live across the road) and she spreads lies about us to neighbors.
3. My husband and I have been TTC for over two years. So I am a little bitter when others get pregnant and I still have not. Working on the fourth group of pregnant women around me in my life since we started trying.

I am just sick of the whole thing. Cousin and wife started telling everyone that they were expecting as soon as she peed on a stick. Didn't wait till Doctor confirmed or till she was 12 weeks.

Now, just received baby shower invite today, to be held on November 13 when baby is not due until February 8.

Also, to make a long story short, Cousin's mother invited my husbands friends to the baby shower. They have only ever seen the wife at a week-long fair we go to every summer. Do not really talk to her and only saw her one other time at an anniversary party I hosted for my in-laws. Do you think that's right to invite people who hardly know the MTB.

Answer these questions for me, please.
Should I go to the shower? Would you if you were me?
Is this shower way to early or do other people have showers this long before the baby is due?

Last edited by jthoman; 10-11-2005 at 10:55 AM..
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!