View Single Post
Old 10-16-2008, 08:38 AM   #7
caterinafmig
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

An update on sweet precious Sicily,

Good Morning,

We are all doing good. The kids helped Grandma make waffles with strawberry sauce for breakfast...very tasty! The sun is shining today and it's a nice fall morning. Since Sicily's numbers were so high yesterday, we'll probably let her play outside for little bits at a time today. My mom commented on how Sicily seems to feel really good. I agreed...that's one of the things that is so amazing.

Our nurse yesterday said if we adults were to get the medications that Sicily is getting, we probably wouldn't feel too good. Kids are truly amazing. Their naiveness and innocence serves them well in a situation like this! What a blessing! I know we are lucky with Sicily's resilience because I do know of a few children who did and do suffer a lot with the chemo. It varies from child to child! Like I said, we consider ourselves lucky!

Sicily and her siblings just headed out the door for a little while. The temperature is 60 and there isn't a cloud in the sky. The over protective mother in me wants to keep Sicily inside, but this will probably do her some good to get some clean fresh air and a little bit of sunlight. Some sunshine for our sunshine! Everyone have a great day!

Kerry
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!