View Single Post
Old 10-15-2008, 07:40 AM   #3
caterinafmig
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Betty, thanks so very much for visiting Sicily's site - thank you, thank you, for your encouragement for this absolutely precious angel.

Here is the latest post from Sicily's site.

Good Fall Morning,

Sicily is doing very well and will be ready to take her brother to her appointment this morning, though she is still snoozing. Unfortunately, it's raining so we won't be able to play outside on the play ground equipment today. She can still show it to Corinthian. Sicily and I spent a lot of time yesterday trying to put things away in her room and hang things on the wall. She was very helpful! I would ask her where we should hang something and she'd come up with several suggestions. The favorite thing she decided exactly where to hang was her pink flower shaped clock, and that was put right by her bed so she could see it. Not that she is able to tell time, that's beside the point, it's that she has a clock in her room that she can see while laying in her bed. She thought that to be very important! I also put a picture on her chest of drawers that she hasn't seen since it was in her bedroom in Wellington. It's one of her Grandpa Zeka who passed away at the age of 82 when Sicily was only five months old...he is holding her as she is wrapped up in a blanket with his big hands cradling her. He is looking down at her with a very soft smile on his face. It's one of my very favorite pictures. Sicily looked at it yesterday and said, "that's Grandpa holding me when I was a baby." I said, "Yes it is!" Then, as if a light bulb of discovery went off in her head she became very excited and exclaimed, "he's lost his hair, just like me and daddy," as she noticed Grandpas shiny head. Another family member she could relate too. And if Grandpa was still here, I can imagine he'd pat her head and grunt and say, "oh chet!" That's what he called half of his grandchildren as he had so many...it was his original term of endearment! We all love that name! Anyway, Sicily is actually still asleep on this dark rainy morning, but my spirits are high. It's so nice to have my mom here. The kids will have some special bonding time and I will hopefully be able to get some things done aroung here like laundry and reconcilling the bank statements!!! ; )~ Everyone have a blessed day and thanks again for all the gum chewing prayers. I continue to pray that Sicily's numbers remain in the normal range so her body can stay strong during this fight!

Love you all!

Kerry
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!