View Single Post
Old 10-09-2008, 12:06 PM   #251
jkstieber
Stazon Splitcoast

Hi all, I haven't posted here for a couple days. It's been a rough week. First, the preschool job I posted about before fell through and I didn't get called for anything else. So I was pretty down about that. Then, that sore throat I had did make me feel pretty rotten for a couple days. I just didn't want to come here and whine.

Physically, I'm feeling much better, but I feel like I'm just in turmoil within. I know that there are much worse problems in the world than mine but I'm really struggling to stay upbeat. I just would feel so much better if I could pick up some more work. However, this isn't usually the time of year where people take sick or personal days, but for some reason I'm just on edge. Another thing that's bothering me is that my friend does this sub work too, and she's been working nearly full time for a job where someone had a dying relative, and now her job ended. On the plus side of that, we had a great time together this morning. But on the other side, it means she's back on the list to get called, and for some reason I'm really concerned that she'll be given one of the jobs I really want. And then I wonder how petty could I possibly get, I should be happy for whatever comes up for her. But I know that if that happens it would really hurt, especially since she said she would never work at this school because she didn't want to take anything away from me. And she also knows how I feel about this particular job. But this morning she did say that she would really like this job. And then I just feel horrible for letting this bother me.

Thanks for listening (or reading actually) my tirade. Believe me, I usually am a very positive, upbeat person but this and some other things are just making me feel like I'm really in warfare right now.

Hope everyone is doing okay, and depite all my issues, I'm praying for you all.
I can do all things through Him who strengthens me. Phillippians 4:13
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!