Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Closed Thread
Old 10-05-2008, 04:27 PM   #1  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb November VSN-Everything You Want and Need to Know

This thread will contain all the information you need to play VSN. This thread will be locked so that the information can easily be found. In the coming days, we will provide links to threads where discussions and questions about each topic can be held.

Dates: MINI: Saturday, October 25 & VSN: Friday and Saturday, November 14 & 15.
Come to the CABARET

Friday, November 14, 6:00 PM to 11:00 PM EST
Saturday, November 15 12:00 PM to 11:00 PM EST
Challenges to be uploaded by Sunday, November 16th, 10:00 PM EST

Your coordinators:
Jean (naturecoastcrafter) Stacey (Little Lou's) JoAnn (sarahzoe)

Posts that will be coming in the near future:

2 - What is VSN
3 - Hostesses
4 - Mini Challenges
5 - Shopping Lists
6 - Rules/Uploading Information
7 - Schedule/Planning Grid
8 - Master Challenge Thread
9 - Hostess Favorites
10- Preparation Hints and Tips

My Gallery

Last edited by naturecoastcrafter; 11-02-2008 at 01:49 PM.. Reason: adding a new link, post, adding time
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Stazon Splitcoast

Default What is VSN?

What is VSN?

VSN stands for Virtual Stamp Night, which is a SplitCoastStampers tradition. VSN consists of a series of stamping challenges for participants to complete. ANYONE can play, there is no registration or fee and you can do as many or as few challenges as you’d like. Whether you are a new stamper or a seasoned vet, VSN will get you to try new things and get your creativity flowing. Most importantly, VSN is all about fun!

VSN Forum

Everything VSN takes place in the VSN forum.

You can even subscribe to the forum and be notified of new threads and posts. To subscribe, first be on the thread listing page for the VSN forum. Then select ‘Subscribe to this Forum’ from the drop ‘Forum Tools’ drop down menu.

VSN Basics

Theme – The Coordinators choose a theme for the VSN. Challenges usually relate to the theme. The theme for November 2008 is CABARET.

Challenges – VSN is made up of a series of stamping challenges. The challenge is a set of rules to be followed when making a card or project. Challenges can involve something simple like a color scheme, more involved like creating a specific type of interactive card, or a stamping technique; and challenges can even be non-card types.

Schedule – VSN is two days – Friday night and Saturday. The "show" on Friday begins at 6pm EST; Saturday begins at 12 noon EST. Challenges are posted every hour until 11pm EST. You have 45 minutes to complete each challenge and an extra 15 minutes to clean up, snack, upload or do whatever you need to. You do not have to have your challenge submission uploaded within that timeframe, but it must be uploaded by the deadline.

Participation – All challenges will be posted in the Master Challenge thread found at the top of the VSN forum. The thread will be stickied – to stay at the top of the forum – and locked so that you can easily find each new challenge. In addition, each host will post a “chat” thread for their challenge. The chat thread is where you may ask any questions about that challenge (or simply chat). Also, you do not have to play every challenge – your level of participation is up to you. Finally, you do not have to play a challenge when it is posted, but you do need to complete your card within 45 minutes – this is on the honor system – and it must be uploaded by the deadline.

Deadline – All VSN submissions must be uploaded to the SCS gallery by 10 pm EST, Sunday, November 9 for the Mini and Sunday, November 16 for the VSN to be considered for judging. Each submission must include the unique code (for example: NOV08VSNA) in the keywords field; this will ensure each host can find your entry. It is not required to post a link to your entry within the chat thread, but many people enjoy doing so. Winning entries will be announced a few days after the deadline. Each winning entry will be moved into a special gallery forum for easy perusal.

What Does a VSN Host/Hostess Do?

Each challenge is presented by a challenge host/hostess. The host chooses a challenge topic and is responsible for judging his/her challenge entries.

Additionally, the host will also start a chat thread for their challenge, where you can go to ask questions or just hang out and chat! Hosts are allowed to play, and win, during VSN (just not their own challenge).

What Do the Coordinators Do?

Each VSN has two coordinators. Coordinators choose the hosts, post the challenges, and just all-around coordinate the entire VSN. Coordinators participate by helping to make samples for the challenges. Coordinators are not eligible to win any VSN categories.

What Can You Do to Prepare?

Prior to VSN the coordinators will post several things to help you prepare for VSN:
• Rules – specific and detailed guidelines for participation and submission
• Shopping List – a list of supplies you may need to complete the challenges
• Schedule – starting times and VSN codes
• Other Relevant Information – anything else that the coordinators feel will be helpful
You may want to visit the VSN Preparation Hints and Tips thread for more information to help you prepare.

My Gallery

Last edited by naturecoastcrafter; 10-24-2008 at 06:28 AM..
Stazon Splitcoast

Default CABARET Cast List

No paparazzi in the building, please. You will have time for photo sessions later. Jean, Stacey and I were so pleased with all the fabulous acts that were submitted by the entertainers for our consideration. After much deliberation and a few restless nights we think we have put together one fantabulous show. This VSN's CABARET will include the following acts:

beadfreak22
casep
dancerriley
diane617
eliotstamps
flutterbees13
garkarlon
jacqueline
jpmayo
kandicejo
kkrab5
Luvlee
Maggie's Mummy
mmbc
mrslaird
nutsymuhl
peggysue
Renski
resqbarbie
Robyn O
schirmcat
Shaddybaby
stagccva
stampin'andrea
stampinNPA
Suzy_H

My Gallery
Stazon Splitcoast

Mini Challenges

VSN Mini Schedule and Planning Sheet:
Forums at Splitcoaststampers

VSN Mini Master Challenges Thread:

Remember!You have until Nov 9 to play and upload the Mini Challenges!

My Gallery

Last edited by Little Lou's; 10-28-2008 at 02:54 PM..
Stazon Splitcoast

NOV 14/15 VSN SHOPPING LIST (<-------click)

My Gallery

Last edited by naturecoastcrafter; 11-02-2008 at 08:33 AM..
Stazon Splitcoast

Default RULES

RULES

Playing

Challenges are issued within the VSN Forum.

VSN Coordinators will have a Master Challenge thread listed for you to view all the challenges in a central location. Additionally, hostesses will repeat the challenge info within their own challenge chat thread. Challenges will be posted every hour to allow 15 minutes for uploading, cleaning up, snacking and anything else you need to do.

Hostesses will provide attachments or links to sample cards for each of their challenges.

Each player must complete his or her challenge submission within 45 minutes. This is on the honor system so please play fair!

No double-duty entries are allowed. This means you cannot submit one card to more than one challenge. If you choose to combine challenges on a card, you may submit the card to only one challenge.
Only one entry per person allowed per challenge.

If you are unable to complete a challenge while VSN is happening, you are welcome to complete it after VSN is over � just don�t spend longer than the 45 minute time limit on the challenge. If you want to be considered for the honor gallery, be sure to follow the uploading rules for deadlines. Cards must be uploaded by 10 p.m Sunday, Nov. 9 for MIni and Sunday, Nov.16 for VSN. Hostesses will not consider cards uploaded after the upload deadline.

Participants do not need to complete all of the challenges to play.

There is no entry fee to participate.

There are no vendor restrictions! You can use products made by any company, this is not just a "Stampin' Up!" event.

Uploading Keywords are important!!!

All entries must have NOV08VSN_ in the keywords. This is how the hostesses will find all the entries for their challenge. Example "NOV08VSNA� or �NOV08VSNMINI3� Please use all caps when entering in your keyword. If you are entering more than one keyword, please be sure to separate them by commas. You can also "copy & paste" the keyword right from the hostess thread into your gallery submission. It helps to have 2 or 3 windows or tabs open during VSN!

Cards should be uploaded into the appropriate gallery. Uploads have automatic approval during VSN, and so the moderators aren�t checking to see that you are uploading into the right gallery. Please select the proper gallery. If you are using a specific stamp set, upload to that gallery. If you are doing a technique, upload to the technique gallery.

If you have questions about what gallery to upload to, feel free to ask a coordinator or the hostess of your challenge.

HERE is some great info if you need help uploading.

Honor Gallery

Hostesses will review the submissions for their challenge and will identify approximately 5 cards they determine to be superb. Those cards receiving this nomination will be moved into a special VSN honor gallery, where they will remain on display.

There will not be a "Viewers Choice" category for cards with the most comments.

Honor gallery entries will be announced within 2 weeks after the close of the the November VSN weekend.

Participants are eligible to be nominated into the honor gallery for more than one challenge.

For the November VSN, the coordinators and the hostesses will not be eligible for challenge review. However, the coordinators will select one card from each hostess for inclusion in the honor gallery.

My Gallery

Last edited by naturecoastcrafter; 10-24-2008 at 06:23 AM..
Stazon Splitcoast

Friday, November 14, 6:00 PM to 11:00 PM EST
Saturday, November 15 12:00 PM to 11:00 PM EST
Challenges to be uploaded by Sunday, November 16th, 10:00 PM EST

VSN SCHEDULE/TRACKING GRID<--------Click here for a printable copy!

My Gallery

Last edited by naturecoastcrafter; 11-12-2008 at 07:49 AM..
Stazon Splitcoast

Master Challenge Thread

My Gallery

Last edited by Little Lou's; 11-16-2008 at 05:09 PM..
Stazon Splitcoast

Hostess Favorites

Stars of the Cabaret

Gallery of the Stars

My Gallery

Last edited by naturecoastcrafter; 11-25-2008 at 12:35 PM..
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

Received 15 Likes on 7 Posts

VSN Preparation Hints and Tips (This is the link to the thread).
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

bump
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

bump