Thread: Big Shot FAQ
View Single Post
Old 10-01-2008, 09:46 PM   #291
memories4you
Insane Embellisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustBecause View Post
Here's a weird question for ya... I purchased my Big Shot about 2 years ago. My "multipurpose platform" looks a little different that what is shown on the video link that is shown on how to use nesties dies. It looks like the new multipurpose platforms are a bit thicker and have some directions on how to use it where as mine has nothing like that. Will I just need to add more cardstock as shims to use the nesties?? Or do I need to purchase this new and improved multipurpose platform?
I have used a piece of chipboard thick enough to allow my pieces to go through to act as a shim, and when I need to emboss I remove the shim, use one of the larger sized folders used to emboss the brass template. I place my embossing mat with my nestie in the fold, and run it through. Works perfect everytime. With the present economy I look around my craft area for viable replacements, and use them when possible.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!