View Single Post
Old 09-29-2008, 05:34 PM   #160
Bethhartley
Stazon Splitcoast

Welcome, Renee, and thanks for posting more details about the minister's daughter that was murdered. I still don't know how any parent survives the death of their child. It's unbearable to even consider yet God makes good out of every evil deed done against one of His believers. I know God will give the family and the strength to go through this.

I was reminded this a.m. while I was talking to a neighbor about how/why God allows such terriable things to happen. We were talking about it in light of a bad school bus accident that happend in northern Indiana where 4 kids were killed. I once heard someone liken these bad events to a parent and child taking a walk. Things go along fine for a bit, then the child stumbles upon a rock and falls to the ground with a big nasty scraped up knee. The parent didn't 'allow' that to happen...or didn't 'cause' it to happen and certainly didn't 'will' that to happen to their precious child. So, the parent picks up their child, takes care of their wound and is there to walk beside them holding their hand as they cry over the 'ouchie'. In the same way, we go in and out of this life, bad things happen..God does not 'cause' them, or 'will' the bad thing to happen. Yet HE is right there beside us picking us up, kissing our wounds and shedding a few tears with us as we struggle through this bad thing that has happened. There is peace to be found in the truth that God will never leave or forsake us no matter what we go through.

Sandy, so sorry to hear about your step=dad. such a shock. I will be praying for you and your family...and you must be one brave girl to walk away from your family (so to speak) and walk with Christ. I'm sure it must be very trying but I know God will bless you for it.

Hello everyone else. Hope you are all doing well.

I've had a busy day. New daycare baby started today..he's 3 mos. old but my goodness..I forget how much time it takes to feed/burp/change a gazillion diapers with an infant. And, it's not been THAT long since I had an infant here..he's a year now but funny how you forget those things.

I'm ready to hit the hay....had a nasty headache and I think it's weather related or something...started this afternoon about the time this little rainfall blew in. Well, the rain blew in and out and left me with a headache that I can not shake. So I think I"m headed to bed....will probably fall asleep watching FoxNews....see what's up in this world.

Have a good night ladies....

Even in the longest day, life is still short.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!