Thread: Big Shot FAQ
View Single Post
Old 09-28-2008, 05:19 PM   #278
militarystampingmom
Master of All Things Big Shot

Send a message via Yahoo to militarystampingmom

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamelodge View Post
Is all that cracking noise and popping noise normal when you cut out nesties. I swear I am going to break my new BS. the sandwich I use is tab2, acrylic mat, nestie, card stock and then another acrylic mat. I sure dont want to break my machine!!!
yes the "cracking" "popping" sound is normal. If the sandwich feels to tight when you are rolling it through try using the dies on tab 1 and see if that works better for you. You may need to add some shim to your sandwich that way but each machine is different so just play until you find what works.

You could also try the sandwich for users that don't have the MPP. I'll look it up and link it here in a sec...here ya go:

If you do not have platform with two tabs, a shim will be needed. Approx. 1/16" thick should do the trick. Spellbinder Spacer plate is perfect for the job or just buy a Sizzix Big Shot tabbed platform. (Thanks Jane!)

Remember your plates are consumables and they are going to get cut marks in them after each use. Just rotate each time you cut to get the most milage out of them.

Hugs and Blessings
Alicia

Last edited by militarystampingmom; 09-28-2008 at 05:22 PM..
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!