View Single Post
Old 09-28-2008, 11:55 AM   #135
nana's cookies
Insane Embellisher

Happy Sunday to you all, your prayers are working in that today at church we both could feel peace, not for what might lay ahead but knowing we have Jesus walking with us, I love the picture of Jesus praying in the garden, yesterday when I was looking at it I truly felt he felt all our pain not only in my life but everyones.

I do know one learns quickly what is really important in this life, its not the latest clothes, the newest stamping tool etc. but the feel of our loved ones arms around us!

I usually don't bring a copy of the sermon home with me but wanted to share a small piece of it with you all.

Here be cancer. Here be Downs Syndrome. Here be bi-polar disorder. Here be schizophrenia, or chemical dependency, or job loss, or Alzheimer's, or diabetes or heart problems or relationship problems. Yes, these are all here in the map of our everyday lives, but be sure to know also that "HERE BE GOD!" I was reading through my confirmation Bible at home the other day. Scrawled in the margin of one of Paul's letters was, "The only answer the New Testament gives for suffering is "I will be with you". I have come to know that that promise is true and trustworthy. If you are broken, hurting, guilty, afraid, or in need- THIS IS THE PLACE FOR YOU.

prayer-Lord God, you have called your servants to ventures of which we cannot see the ending, by paths as yet untrodden, through perils unknown. Give us faith to go out with good courage, not knowing where we go, but only that your hand is leading us and your love supporting us; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen

Tomorrow we find out what needs to be done, will let you all know. The last couple days we are trying to get all things done for winter, got a lot crossed off our list. Thanks so much for your prayers and you are all in mine. Gloria
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!