View Single Post
Old 09-26-2008, 05:32 AM   #103
paulssandy
Mad Swapper

OK..I figured I would continue in a new post since the last one is so long, teehehehe. The 2nd part of last Sunday's serman has really been speaking to me this week. The first part in on my blog here if you did not see it (it's to long to re-write, LOL) A lot of you may have already been shown this by the Spirit, but those who have not may be blessed by it like I was.

Lev. 11 talks about the clean vs unclean animals.

vs 4 "Whatsoever parteth the hoof, and is clovenfooted, and cheweth the cud, among the bests, that shall ye eat."

Some animals appear to "chew the cud" but are really not, such as a rabbit. Much like some people who read/memorize the Word, but do not take it into their heart and "digest" it. The tare among the wheat so to speak.

The clovenhoof is one hoof split in half almost all the way through, but still attched at the base. This represents the life a Christian is to live. Being "in the world" but not part of the world. We are to separate ourselves from the world and the desires of the flesh that the world offers to satisfiy. We are called to "...come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing" and live as "peculiar" people in a world that is not our own.

In this way we shall know the bethren, by the fruit they bare. There are those that memorize the word, but do not have it in their hearts. Likewise, there are those who live a sparated life (empty sepulchers) but do not even read the word. We will recognise the brethren when we see both. (Matthew 7:16, 20)

I will admit that there are back slidden Christians who are turely children of God. They may appear as though they are not separate, but when you look close...they can not help but hate sin and are not at peace with where they are in their walk. In the same way, there are many who live separate lives, but do not feast on the Word. When they do hear it though, they recognize it and it does digest, even if it is only a little.

So, I guess, as one of the devotions mentioned by caterinafmig, we should not judge where others are. We can, however, "see" the fruits of the brethren, if we look. Those who we can not be sure of, we should pray for...and be a living epistle for them to read.

hmmm...I hope I wrote that so it made sense, LOL. I just wanted to share the blessing I got from this serman, Sandy O
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!