View Single Post
Old 09-24-2008, 03:58 PM   #4001
SophieLaFontaine
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by bksjones View Post
All I can think is they must not understand, are not educated about the issue. But that is me wanting to believe the best in people. Truth is, I doubt that most want to understand, since they are so secure in their absolutism and intolerance. Sophie, you may not have been surprised by your coworker's view, but I am. Even other sects of Christianity being "satan-worshippers" is just appalling to me! As far as A/As--wouldn't I have to believe in Satan to worship him?!
I think that they think they DO understand, and we are the ones not understanding. Unfortunately, I think it will always be like that.

The fact that you were surprised by her view shows that maybe you've not been around many people with similar beliefs (similar to my co-worker's), and for that, I envy you!

And as for having to believe in Satan before being able to worship him, I know that my mom agrees with my co-worker (they don't know each other) in that anyone NOT worshipping God (in the "right" way) is automatically worshipping Satan. Black and white. No shades of grey.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!