View Single Post
Old 09-24-2008, 12:00 PM   #72
Bethhartley
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by bostonstamps View Post
Well, I did have a "wee" little accident during my first (and only so far) 5K last September. I am going to start slowly training for some races next August and October.

I think almost everyone has had their mind wondering during devotions. When I pray, sometimes I walk around and put worship music on. Check out http://www.jasonupton.net/vision/ for my absolute fav music. DH and I went to college with him and his wife. He's the real deal. We played one of his albums while I was in labor with DD. Even the nurses noticed the peace in the room (which is what I was praying for - along with an easy delivery).

Sometimes I write my prayers to God in a journal. It helps me focus and clears my mind so isn't so jumbled.

Oh, that's so fun about playing the music during dd's birth. We played Fernando Ortega's stuff during ds number 2's birth. I wasn't that smart with ds #1's birth or else I would have played it too....just brings God right into the room...as if he's not there already...but it sure brought me peace too.

girl, you amaze me with your running! I'll swim or bikeride...much easier on this old body!

Naner....You expressed some feelins that a lady in our bible study group expressed on Monday. She got news that an old college friend of hers had passed away.....left a 2yo and wife. She was unsure if he was saved or not and she had been crying, too, on and off at what a poor witness she had been in college, and what if she had been a better witness then, maybe he would be saved for sure. Anyway, it was a good reminder to us in our group to always reach out to others and be a good witness as anyones number could be up tomorrow. Hang in there....I will pray fo ryou and your friend.

karen...sorry you have to attend a funeral too. I hope everything went well considering.

Gloria, thanks for the update on your dear hubby. I'm sure if the doc was really worried, he would have asked for further testing. I pray all continues to go well in that area.

Well, ds is going home with a friend today so I don't have to get to the busstop. Feels funny actually! Outta my routine, ya know. But, I do have to get these kiddos up from nap. They all fell asleep about an hour later than normal so I'm lettin gthem sleep in a bit. It's nice to have quiet during naptime!!

Even in the longest day, life is still short.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!