View Single Post
Old 09-22-2008, 06:33 PM   #41
Bethhartley
Stazon Splitcoast

Julie..hope ds has a better night tonight...poor thing. Barfy ickies are ICKY!

Hi Sandy O and Leah....glad you are posting here! Hi Rita dahling.....nice to see you too! Hi PolarBear too!! Oh, just realized, again I'm sure, that you are in Charlotte. My bro and sil live there and we were there this summer....we shoulda hooked up!

Jan, thanks for posting The Tearing Edge....I'm gonna go back and read it again. I think I didn't catch it all the first time...jus a few chapters....You really do need to publish it, you know!

Naner Elaine...how fun about the Cuttlebug....yeah, our Michaels does the same thing with their CB's and some of the alphabet dies. And,wow on more discounts at HL. We don't have on here...boohoo!

Hi Wendykins! I struggle with carving out that quiet time every day, too, for devotions. I know I get alot just from reading this thread and dh and I listen to our local Christian radio in the morning while we are showering and getting ready. Sort of sets the tone for the day, ya know! I should use daycare naptime cuz it's a 2 hour built in quiet time...so sometimes I get some stuff done then. But, it is heard. I think God knows how busy we mama's are and that we take our prayer time/quiet time where/when we can get it. I've had some of the best quiet times in the shower...amazing what God brings to my mind to pray about some mornings!

Okay, I think the Cuttlebug and Big Shot are similar, right? The Cuttlebug is a machine that you can roll stuff through to diecut or dry emboss. You can also use nestabilities in the CB....and I think the Big Shot too. I'm not as familiar with the BS as I am with the CB.

Check here for all sorts of things to run through the CB

http://www.happyscrappinscrapbooking.com

I actually think Jan posted that link a year or so back when I got my CB. I think I ordered it from there.

The Cricut is an electronic machine that diecuts. I dont' think it embosses...just cuts out. You can get cartridges for it that have entire alphabets/themes/pics (say Disney for example...theletters are like Pooh or something), put the cartridge in and make your selections. It's more 'high tech'...where the bigshot and cb and hand crank type machines.

Anyway, hope that helps. I'm sure others could add more detailed info but that's the basics in a small nutshell.

April....how are you doing sweetie? Any new news?

I'm sure there was something else I wanted to say but it's slipping my mind.

Even in the longest day, life is still short.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!