View Single Post
Old 09-22-2008, 12:59 PM   #37
caterinafmig
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkstieber View Post
Good morning and thanks for all the warm welcomes. Catarina, thanks for the wonderful passage. I've heard some of those things regarding China, my niece went on a two month mission trip there about two years ago. This message you shared kind of ties into to what God has really been placing on my heart lately. I have definitely not been spending time where I need to. I have a woman in my life who has become a very good friend and we enjoy spending time together. We're each other's exercise buddies. However, there have been times in recent months that I have been putting time with her above spending time with my family. The other night I even had a dream that my husband and kids just walked out of my life and I had no idea where they were going or if I'd see them again. Really shook me up.

Well, fast forward to today. I get up to discover that my nine year old son has a fever of 102 and threw up during the night. And when he throws up he doesn't wake up in time. So you guessed it, I'm home with a sick kid and lots of laundry. But instead of moaning and groaning like I've done in the past, I see this as an opportunity from God to get him to myself for a while. (though right now he's watching TV and I'm obviously here, lol)

Anyway, that's what's going on with me. Hope all of you are doing well today. It may take me a while to get to "know" everyone here.
Julie, so very sorry your sweet son had a rough night (you, too) but it is always good to look on the brighter side of things. Everything happens for a reason even in middle-of-the-night adventures.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!