View Single Post
Old 09-21-2008, 07:18 PM   #564
Samantha
Hardware Hotshot

Default 1st year anniversary

Today is my 1st anniversary of being diagnosed with breast cancer. Wow !!! I can’t believe how the tie went by. My last surgery was in August and I feel like time has stood still for me.

I have major fatigue- big deal. It’s the chest pain that gets to me. But I have my mammo next month and I am scared. I am a “triple negative” and recurrences are most common in the 2-3 years following. After that we are kind of on the same path as other breast cancer people. I was supposed to have the mammo this month but after having breast surgery in August, I couldn’t imagine the pain of being squeezed and having my stitches pop open. So I delayed it until next month.

We just got back from a trip to Minot Air Force Base to see my daughter and grandkids. Her DH is deployed and she is alone with the kids. So we drove up to spend a week with them.

We had to come back this week because Mark and I have a full week of DR appt’s. I am so tired of DR appt’s. We must spend half our lives sitting in the waiting room. Mark has a problem and needs serious medical attention this week. There is always something. But we hang in there are do the best that we can.

Love and hugs to all of you.

When you get in a tight place and everything goes against you, till it seems as though you could not hold on a minute longer, never give up then, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn. -- Harriet Beecher Stowe
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!