View Single Post
Old 10-03-2005, 12:53 PM   #1
showmestamper
Gallery Gazer

Default TLC32 - Sew! A needle pulling thread.....

This week's challenge is Spirelli Corners. You use thread or cording to create a design in the corners.

Here's my version:
http://gallery.splitcoaststampers.co...0&ppuser=11007

Although the string work looks complicated, it is very simple! Here's what to do:
If you have the SU! toolkit, this is the perfect technique to use the paper piercing tool, the foam mat, the spacing template and the big needle. If not, just use a needle with a big enough eye for your cording, thread, or embroidery floss. About 1/4" from one edge, pierce the paper with 6 holes 1/4" apart. Down the adjoining side, pierce the paper with 6 holes 1/4" apart.
Now you have 6 holes down one side, and 6 holes across the top. Thread the needle with string of choice (about 24") , and tape with regular scotch tape the end to the backside of the layer near the corner. Bring the thread up thru the first hole on the side. Put the needle down through the hole furthest from the corner. Pull the string gently through the holes to prevent tearing. Next bring the needle up from the backside in the next hole down on the side and then from the front of the card in the next hole along the top row. Continue in the manner. Tape the end of the string to the back.
Now you can push the stamped layer under the web of string.

If this does not make sense, please let me know. It is much easier to do than to explain, know what I mean? I can do a visual if needed.

When you upload, please put TLC32 in the keyword section when you upload, and then post a link to your card here in this thread.

If you need help uploading or posting a link to this thread, check out this link:
http://forums.splitcoaststampers.co...ead.php?t=39488

If you are new to the challenges, please feel free to do this one or ANY of the challenges at any time. There is no time limit. They are not races to see who can do one first, nor are they contests of any sort. All the challenges are simply to provide inspiration and to get us STAMPIN' !!
stronger than you seem,
and smarter than you think.
~Christopher Robin~
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!