View Single Post
Old 09-30-2005, 08:40 AM   #22
needsmorestamps!
Stampin' Fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stampin Wrose
Read the tip sheet. I got the Lumiere. I thought I could just mix it with the PE a little bit, but it says to mix with water, and then PE - at least for applying to paper. I don't really want to have to mix and store more stuff!!

Is there a problem with using Lumiere with just PE and painting with it, and if I can do it, does anyone know what proportion? The tip sheet had a ratio listed but said it was for "other things."

Thanks in advance!
I've done this before. I bought some small plastic paint cups from wal-mart. Think the kind that are about dime sized with the cap hooked onto them and they are hooked together in a row. Like some you'd get in a kid's craft kit.

Anyway, I put some lumiere in the cup (just a small amount) and added pearl ex until I got the color that I was wanting - it doesn't take too much. (I didn't add any water) Then since the cups close you can keep it if you make too much. *Forgot to add that it wasn't too thick to paint with and that I just mixed it with a toothpick.

To use mine I stamped an image on acetate and then painted the lumiere/pearl ex mixture on the back. However, I'm sure there are other ways you can use it also

So the way I did it is very similiar to the pearl ex/future floor wax painting but it uses another SU product instead of something else.

I don't remember if my card is in my gallery or not. I'm having trouble getting into the gallery right now. I'll check on it later and if the card is in my gallery I'll post a link.

*Got into my gallery and found two cards where I did this:

http://gallery.splitcoaststampers.co...94015&cat=4115

http://gallery.splitcoaststampers.co...98300&cat=4115

Last edited by needsmorestamps!; 09-30-2005 at 08:47 AM..
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!