View Single Post
Old 08-29-2008, 04:56 AM   #1
Favorite Grandma
Stazon Splitcoast

Default SBVC40...Faux lace cardstock...8.29.08

SBVC40...Faux lace cardstock...8.29.08

I've been asked where I get my ideas and often they are "lifted" BUT this one is "all mine" ; now on to the challenge.

I love the look of the lace cardstock and they keep coming out with more colors and designs, but I don't like the price and sometimes I want something different than I can find - so I decided to make my own.

You need to use simple stamps that work together and have more than thin lines, like the doodle stamps wouldn't be a good option, think more on the chunky type stamps. Alphas, numbers, flowers, pumpkins, fall leaves, stars, snowflakes, paisley, butterflies, circles..... lots of possibilities.

Remember, you can't stamp alphas and numbers on the back or most will be reversed!

The best tip I can give you is "OVERLAP, OVERLAP, OVERLAP" or when you go to cut them out your paper won't be connected! I didn't overlap as much with the numbers as I should have, but it was pretty good for my first one.

So make friends with your craft knife, small scissors will work too.

my samples:

in Plain Sight - For the numbered cardstock, I used Versamark and clear embossed on DSP then cut out.

vacation HERE - For the flower cardstock, I stamped on the back with classic ink and cut out. I've attached pictures below to give you an idea of the process, especially if you are a visual person .

I can't wait to see your ideas!

you can find all submissions for this challenge here: SBVC40

SBC's Information Thread: Everything you need to know to participate!

The OPD (One Page Doc, aka: Master Challenge Thread) that includes all challenges on one page for your printing convenience can be found here: OPD

If you have any questions please feel free to contact any one of the SBCT (scrapbook challenge team)via pm or simply post your question in this thread.
Attached Thumbnails
p8285357-small-.jpg   p8285358-small-.jpg  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!