View Single Post
Old 08-24-2008, 01:52 PM   #78
militarystampingmom
Master of All Things Big Shot

Send a message via Yahoo to militarystampingmom

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvlynch3 View Post
Hi Amy,
So glad you are so smart. Anyway, i just got the pennant banner die cut. How do i use it? Do i fold c/s to get the full pennant? With the thickness of the die, what is the sandwich? YEs, i downloaded all the info in the first of the thread but i am old and dense and need clear words i can understand. That tab thingy, how do you use it, open? closed? one side says not a cutting plate????? i am soooo confused. i need a class, obviously! Thanks so much for your help!
The Multipurpose platform has Tabs that act like "shim" to thicken your sandwich so that more pressure is applied when you want to cut or emboss.

Tab 2 is the Top of the platform for most sandwiches in the .pdf file
Tab 1 is the Top of the platform for others

You can flip between the Tabs depending on which type of die you are cutting with. (i.e. if you want to use Tab 1 in your sandwich you would flip open the platform to TAB 1 so that it shows on top. Make your sandwich on top and roll through the Big Shot)

NO TAB is when you can see only the White Adapter mat on the Bottom

you will not use the Multipurpose Platform if you are using any of the XL Bigz Dies or Movers and Shakers Dies in the Big Shot

You never cut on the multipurpose platform. It should always be at the very bottom of your sandwich. You should only cut on the standard cutting plates (i.e. Acrylic Mats) or Extended Cutting Plates.

I hope this helps you!

Hugs and Blessings
Alicia
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!