View Single Post
Old 08-15-2008, 09:44 AM   #1
ajmac
Stampin' Fool

Default SBVC38....Velvet Accents...08.15.08

SBVC38...Velvet Accents...8.15.08

Wow, I'm so excited to be hosting this weeks variety challenge! If you've read any of my recent postings, you'll know that I was able to attend a CKC event in Orlando back in June; you'll know this because I keep posting my projects and talking about it!! I try not to be overly obsessive about it, but in truth I learned a lot of great new stuff there! One of my favorite classes was sponsored by sei and it was on velvet paper techniques. The things you can do with velvet paper I would have never IMAGINED until I took the class! So I thought it would be a fun challenge for us this week - to accent your page with velvet (or felt, if you don't happen to have any velvet paper or accents... but you should get some, because it's really beautiful!) I made a sample page, Atlas Moth, and you can see I really used my velvet! The brown strip is velvet paper that I ran through a cuttlebug - I tried to get a close up but you still can't see it great - I'll keep trying! I also border punched it, scallop punched it, QuicKutzed it, and stamped on it! So let's see what you can do with velvet (or felt, if you have to - another great texture to add to your pages!) I can't wait to see what you come up with!

You can find all submissions for this challenge here: SBVC38

SBC's Information Thread: Everything you need to know to participate!

The OPD (One Page Doc, aka: Master Challenge Thread) that includes all challenges on one page for your printing convenience can be found here: OPD

If you have any questions please feel free to contact any one of the SBCT (scrapbook challenge team)via pm or simply post your question in this thread.