View Single Post
Old 07-23-2008, 06:22 AM   #167
cookiestamper
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcw519 View Post
One of you actually knows where Milton PA is? That is great! - yes, I live right here in Milton. Milton is famous for Chef-Boy-Ar-Dee foods...no, not Spaghetti-O's, the other one. : ) Stampin' Stuff in Danville closed a few years ago -- almost overnight, it seemed. I never heard anything about why it closed.

Nora is Nora Martin. In addition to rubber stamps, papers, punches, Tapestry brand sets, ink pads, H2Os, Prismacolors and embellies too numerous to mention, she & other Amish women make beautiful quilts in all sorts of patterns & colors and wonderful pot-holders in the Log Cabin pattern. When Nora isn't stamping or selling stamps, she is binding a quilt by hand. The directions to her place, her days & hours are accurate, as listed above. Her phone is 570-922-1849 and she will open her shop for you IF you call ahead and make an appointment. She is a dear woman. She has A/C in the shop and her prices are excellent. After you go through Mifflinburg (west on route 45) keep going and about the time you begin to think you missed her place, there will be The 4 Bells Lutheran Church on your left. Nora's is the very next house/farm. You will have passed several smaller churches on your way, but 4 Bells is big and a helpful landmark.

The countryside is beautiful, R B Winter State Park is nearby, Knoebel's Amusement Park is also in the area.

BTW, Nora knows me as "Carolyn, The Stamp Collector." I keep adding to my collection, but I don't seem to be making any cards. At this point I have no idea what is where and I have to get organized so I have a clue what stamps I do have. I spend hours and hours at SCS, reading forums, clicking links to wonderful ideas and reading beautiful blogs. You all are amazing and so talented. I have stamped some cards, but not lately. Soon... (I hope this isn't too long for posting.)

I'm not sure who mentioned knowing where Milton is, but I know as well. I'm not sure if I've ever actually been in the town, but I've passed through there a lot!

It amazes me how Nora keeps up to date with new supplies and packs so much into her smallish space! She is always so friendly and yes, she will open for you on days she is closed if you call ahead. When my DH's grandparents were living, they were neighbors to Nora and used to provide her with transportation. I hope to make a trip down there soon...and I have a few friends who would like to visit her store with me.

Oh....and we LOVE Knoebel's too....it is definitely worth the trip! We have gone for years and went there just last week. We noticed that there seemed to be less people this year. They hardly waited for any rides and pretty much walked right onto the rollercoasters. I think the rising gas prices are keeping people at home?? Knoebel's is a great park....no charge for admission or parking! You only pay for your rides and any food you want. Which is great if grandparents or those who don't ride just want to come and watch. Plus there's always a bit of a shady spot at each ride to get out of the sun. Gotta love Knoebel's!!!

Enjoy the little things in life, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!