View Single Post
Old 07-21-2008, 03:35 PM   #159
mcw519
Compulsive Stamper

One of you actually knows where Milton PA is? That is great! - yes, I live right here in Milton. Milton is famous for Chef-Boy-Ar-Dee foods...no, not Spaghetti-O's, the other one. : ) Stampin' Stuff in Danville closed a few years ago -- almost overnight, it seemed. I never heard anything about why it closed.

Nora is Nora Martin. In addition to rubber stamps, papers, punches, Tapestry brand sets, ink pads, H2Os, Prismacolors and embellies too numerous to mention, she & other Amish women make beautiful quilts in all sorts of patterns & colors and wonderful pot-holders in the Log Cabin pattern. When Nora isn't stamping or selling stamps, she is binding a quilt by hand. The directions to her place, her days & hours are accurate, as listed above. Her phone is 570-922-1849 and she will open her shop for you IF you call ahead and make an appointment. She is a dear woman. She has A/C in the shop and her prices are excellent. After you go through Mifflinburg (west on route 45) keep going and about the time you begin to think you missed her place, there will be The 4 Bells Lutheran Church on your left. Nora's is the very next house/farm. You will have passed several smaller churches on your way, but 4 Bells is big and a helpful landmark.

The countryside is beautiful, R B Winter State Park is nearby, Knoebel's Amusement Park is also in the area.

BTW, Nora knows me as "Carolyn, The Stamp Collector." I keep adding to my collection, but I don't seem to be making any cards. At this point I have no idea what is where and I have to get organized so I have a clue what stamps I do have. I spend hours and hours at SCS, reading forums, clicking links to wonderful ideas and reading beautiful blogs. You all are amazing and so talented. I have stamped some cards, but not lately. Soon... (I hope this isn't too long for posting.)