Big Buckle Card
by Beate Johns
Susanne Moyer demonstrated this great card on the Mexican Rivera Cruise.
- Paper cutter with scoring blade
- Word Window Punch
- Small corner rounder (optional)
- One 5 1/2" x 7" piece of cardstock for the card (Tempting Turquoise)
- One 4" x 5 1/4" piece of cardstock for the inside of card (Certainly Celery)
- One 1 5/8" x 5 1/2" piece of cardstock for the belt (Chocolate Chip)
Score 5 1/2" x 7" piece of cardstock horizontally at 4 1/4".
Score 1 5/8" x 5 1/2" piece of cardstock at 3 1/2". This will be the belt.
Step 3 (Optional)
Round the two corners on the longer piece of the belt with a corner rounder.
Decorate the 2 3/4" piece of the card. This is the card front. It's hard to see in the picture, but the card front has been wheeled with the Outline Basic Wheel.
Create the buckle with the Word Window Punch by punching the lower half of the card front.
Add adhesive to the short side of the belt as well as the back of the 4" x 5 1/4" cardstock piece.
Slide the rounded end of the belt through the buckle.
Line up the score with the card inside's right edge, and tuck the end of the belt between the card back and card inside. Adhere to card base.
Decorate the belt, buckle, and card front.